Model 2028(formerly ReliaG® 850)
The Model 2028 provides power, value and reliability for those who desire a powerful, quiet, durable, long-lasting opener.
Please tell us about your Genie experience to help us continue to produce the best products for customers just like you!
Belt or Chain Drive
- ½ HPc* Power Plus motor
- 10 Year Motor Limited Warranty
- 1 light bulb (60 watt max)
- Soft start and soft stop design
- C-channel Rail for Strength & Aesthetics †
- Intellicode® Security
- HomeLink® & Car2U® compatible – no additional external repeater box or bridge needed
- ½ HPc* Power Plus DC motor allows for variable speed control and quiet operation, including Soft Start–Soft Stop for smoother door movement.
- Steel-Reinforced Belt or Chain Drive: Choose the drive option that best fits your needs.
- Strong C-channel Rail design that also helps conceal rotating belt or chain for better aesthetics.†
- Auto-Seek Dual Frequency system automatically seeks either the 315 or 390 MHz frequency produced by the remote to help avoid nearby frequency inferference.
- Light positioned toward inside of garage instead of garage door to give illumination where you need it most. Compatible with most CFL and LED light bulbs.
- Pre-programmed remote is ready to use out-of-the-box. (Simple steps to change programming if desired.)
Safe-T-Beam® Non-Contact Reversing System
Puts an invisible beam across the door opening. The door stops and reverses to open position if anything passes through the beam.
GenieSense™ Monitoring and Diagnostic Technology
Provides safety by continuously monitoring operation of the door, stopping the operation to alert you when significate changes occur.
IntelliCode® Access Security System
Superior encryption technology (also known as rolling codes) that prevents piracy of the radio signal that opens your garage door by continually seeking a new code from billions of combinations.
HomeLink® & Car2U® Compatibility
Works with ALL HomeLink and Car2U systems regardless of when those systems were made. No additional external repeater box or compatibility bridge needed.