Model 3020 garage door opener by Genie provides durable, reliable performance. Make it even better by choosing the optional battery backup for added peace of mind.
Please tell us about your Genie experience to help us continue to produce the best products for customers just like you!
Belt or Chain Drive
- Strong DC motor provides an opening speed up to 7.0 in/sec †
- Battery Backup Compatible – order with or without BBU
- 15 Year Motor Limited Warranty**
- 2 light bulbs (60 watts max per bulb)
- Soft start & stop design
- GenieSense™ Monitoring and Diagnostic Technology
- C-channel Rail for Strength & Aesthetics
- Intellicode® Security
- HomeLink® & Car2U® compatible – no additional external repeater box or bridge needed.
- Compatible with Aladdin Connect™ smart device enabled garage door controller
- Durable, reliable performance – The strong DC motor operates most properly balanced residential sectional doors up to 10' high and 500 pounds. Model 3020 has an opening speed of 7.0" per second.†
- Battery Backup Capable – No more unexpectedly getting locked outside the garage when the power goes out! The battery unit can easily be added to your opener if you so choose.
- Soft Start & Stop Control – DC technology allows your door to begin and end its movement smoothly instead of abruptly whenever you operate it. This creates less noise and less wear on the door.
- 6' power cord – While most openers come with a 4' power cord, the Model 3020 cord is 6' in length to compensate for outlets that require longer reach.
- Dependability – The quality built into a Model 3020 is backed by a 15-year Limited Warranty** for the motor and 15 years for the belt drive rail (5 years for the chain drive rail.)
- Smart Lighting – The Model 3020 comes with lighting on each side of the powerhead to help spread light around the entire garage.
- GenieSense™ Monitoring – Automatic force profiling and diagnostic technology improves safety by stopping operation when significant changes occur.
Safe-T-Beam® Non-Contact Reversing System
Puts an invisible beam across the door opening. The door stops and reverses to open position if anything passes through the beam.
GenieSense™ Monitoring and Diagnostic Technology
Provides safety by continuously monitoring operation of the door, stopping the operation to alert you when significate changes occur.
IntelliCode® Access Security System
Superior encryption technology (also known as rolling codes) that prevents piracy of the radio signal that opens your garage door by continually seeking a new code from billions of combinations.
HomeLink® & Car2U® Compatibility
Works with ALL HomeLink and Car2U systems regardless of when those systems were made. No additional external repeater box or compatibility bridge needed.