The Model 1028 garage door opener provides value and reliability for those who desire a quiet, long-lasting opener.
Please tell us about your Genie experience to help us continue to produce the best products for customers just like you!
Belt or Chain Drive
- DC motor
- 5 Year Motor Limited Warranty **
- 1 light bulb – Genie LED light bulbs recommended (60 watt max if incandescent bulb is used.)
- C-channel rail for strength & aesthetics
- Compatible with Aladdin Connect® smart device system
- Intellicode® Security to stop potential code thieves
- HomeLink® & Car2U® compatible (No external repeater box or bridge needed.)
- Powerful DC motor allows for quiet operation.
- Opening speed up to 6.5" per second.† (Operates residential sectional doors up to 8' high.)
- Steel reinforced belt or chain drive – choose the drive option that best fits your needs.
- Strong C-channel rail design that also helps conceal the rotating belt or chain for better aesthetics.†
- Auto-Seek Dual Frequency system automatically seeks the best frequency between 315 or 390 MHz in which to operate, depending on any nearby frequency interference source.
- Light is positioned toward inside of garage instead of toward garage door to give illumination where you need it most. Genie LED bulb recommended, 60 watt max if incandescent used.
- Pre-programmed remote is ready to use right out of the box. (Simple steps to change programming if desired.)
Safe-T-Beam® Non-Contact Reversing System
Puts an invisible beam across the door opening. The door stops and reverses to open position if anything passes through the beam.
GenieSense™ Monitoring and Diagnostic Technology
Provides safety by continuously monitoring operation of the door, stopping the operation to alert you when significant changes occur.
IntelliCode® Access Security System
Superior encryption technology (also known as rolling codes) that prevents piracy of the radio signal that opens your garage door by continually seeking a new code from billions of combinations.
HomeLink® & Car2U® Compatibility
Works with ALL HomeLink and Car2U systems regardless of when those systems were made. No additional external repeater box or compatibility bridge needed.